Also known as B-6515
Where: Frensno County, California (35.9° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.9° N, 114.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• From sandstone with pebbly layers. From faunizone A (zone 2) (for that reason assigned an early Miocene age).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; coarse-grained, pebbly, brown, gray sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by O. Adegoke. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44926: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)